1 taro, 150g(1/3 lb.) lean pork, 2 fried tofu skin wrappers, 4 dried shiitake mushrooms, 2 stalks of spring onions, 300g(2/3 lb.) rice noodles, 2T oil, some garlic, 10 cups of water.
(1) 1/2T chinese rose wine, 1/2T sesame oil.
(2) 2T soy sauce, 1/2t chicken buillon powder, some white ground pepper.
1. Rinse lean pork and shred; Marinate with seasoning (1) for 30 minutes.
2. Soak dried shiitake mushrooms until soft, and then shred; Peel, rinse and dice taro; Rinse fried tofu skin wrappers and shred; Rinse spring onions and chop; Peel, rinse and dice garlic.
3. Pour 5 cups of water to a pot and bring to the boil; Add rice noodles and bring to the boil again; Remove, rinse in running water; Drain.
4. Heat a wok with 2T oil; Add diced garlic and stir-fry until fragrant; Add shredded mushrooms and stif-fry until fragrant.
5. Pour 5 cups of water and bring to the boil; Add shredded lean pork, shredded fried tofu skin wrappers, and diced taro; Cook over a low heat until done.
6. Add rice noodles and seasoning (2); Cook for 4 minutes; Garnish with minced spring onion. Ready to serve.
1. When handling taro, it is better to wear gloves as taro has saponin which could cause itchy.
2. Taro and banana should not be taken at the same time.