1 green bamboo shoot, 300g(2/3lb.) spareribs, 1/2 pork tripe, 5 bamboo fungus, 3 shiitake mushrooms, 3 green stems bok choy, 1/2 dried squid, some ginger, 12t salt, 6t rice wine, 4 cups of water.
2t salt, 1t cooking wine, pepper as needed.
1. Shell bamboo shoot, rid of hard skin, and then cut into small pieces; Soak shiitake mushrooms in water and cut into small pieces; Rinse bok choy well and cut into sections; Soak dried squid in water for 30 minutes until soft and cut into small pieces.
2. Blanch spareribs in boiling water for 1 minute, remove and then rinse
3. Cut off the fat of pork tripe; Reverse the pork tripe and put into a large bowl; Sprinkle with 4t salt and keep on rubbing the tripe till the salt dissolved (repeat this process 3 times); Add 2t rice wine and rub the tripe again; Rinse the tripe in running water for a while; Reverse the tripe again.
4. Rinse and slice ginger.
5. Pour 4 cups of water and add sliced ginger to a pot; Bring to the boil over a high heat; Add the tripe and 4t rice wine; Cook the tripe till color changed (about 50 minutes); Remove and immediately rinse in running water for a while; Cut off the fat of the tripe and then cut the tripe into small pieces.
6. Soak bamboo fungus in water until soft; Cut into small pieces; Cook in boiling water for 10 minutes to remove its sour taste; Rinse out with running water for half an hour before cooking.
7. Place all ingredients in pot; Cook till boil first, and then simmer over a low heat for 30 minutes; Flavor with seasonings. Ready to serve.
1. Rid off the yellow tip of bamboo fungus lest it taste bitter.
2. Bamboo fungus must be rinsed with water. Warm water is preferred.