375g(5/6lb.) Manila clams, 4 cloves of garlic, 2 stalks of basils, 2T oil, 1T rice wine, some salt.
2T oyster sauce, 1/2T rice wine, 1t sugar, some ground white pepper.
1. Soak clams in salty water for 3 hours so that they spit out the sand; Rinse in running water; Scrub the shells thoroughly; Blanch in boiling water till the shells have opened slighlty; Remove and drain.
2. Peel, rinse and mince garlic; Rinse basils.
3. Heat a wok with 2T oil over a high heat; Stir-fry garlic over a high heat till fragrant; Add the clams and 1T rice wine; Stir-fry over a high heat briefly; Add seasonings; Stir-fry over a high heat for 1 minute; Add basils; Stir-fry over a high heat briefly. Ready to serve.
1. To make clams free of sand, it is important to keep clams in salty water for about 3 hours to allow them to spit out the sand, rinse thoroughly and scrub the shells with a brush.
2. To seal in the clams' flavors, it is better to blanch in boiling water briefly before cooking in your preferred seasoning. If clams did not open their shells after blancing, they should be discarded as they must not be fresh.