1. Rinse and slice ginger; Rinse and cut spring onions into sections; Rinse and cut coriander into sections.
2. Discard the innards of sea cucumbers; Scrub thoroughly with a small brush; Rinse in running water; Blanch in boiling water with some ginger and 1T Shaoxing wine for 10 minutes so as to get rid of the strong fishy flavor; Remove; Soak in ice water for 3 minutes; Remove and drain.
3. Add seasoning (2) to a bowl and mix well.
4. Heat a wok with 2T oil over a high heat; Stir-fry spring onions and remaining ginger slices over a high heat till fragrant and golden brown; Discard the spring onions and ginger; Add shrimp roe and stir-fry over a low heat till fragrant; Drizzle with 1T Shaoxing wine; Stir-fry over a low heat briefly; Add sea cucumbers and seasoning (1); Cook over a medium heat till a bit soft (about 40 miuntes); Add seasoning (2); Stir-fry over a low heat till the sauce has thickened; Drizzle with sesame oil and garnish with coriander. Ready to serve.
If dried sea cucumbers are used, there will be more steps before cooking:
1. Burn on the fire briefly; Soak in warm water for 2 hours; Remove; Scrub with a soft brush to remove the lime on its surface; Cook in a heat-resistant crock pot or porcelain pot over a low heat for 1 hour; Turn off the heat and leave it for a night.
2. Cut along with the stomach.
3. Change the water; Cook over a low heat for 30 minutes; Turn off the heat and leave it for another night.
4. Repeat the step 3 for 5 to 7 days.