600g clams, 1 lemon, some ginger, 3 cloves of garlic, some salt.
3T soy sauce, 2T sugar, 1/2t salt.
1. Soak clams in salty water for 3 hours so that they spit out the sand; Rinse in running water; Scrub the shells thoroughly; Blanch in boiling water till the shells have opened slighlty; Remove and drain.
2. Peel, rinse and mince garlic; Rinse and slice ginger.
3. Rinse lemon; Cut into halves; Slice an half while squeeze another half for 1T lemon juice.
4. Add clams to a big bowl; Add lemon slices, minced garlic, ginger slices, lemon juice and seasonings; Mix well; Leave it for at least 2 hours. Ready to serve.
1. To make clams free of sand, it is important to keep clams in salty water for about 3 hours to allow them to spit out the sand, rinse thoroughly and scrub the shells with a brush.
2. If clams did not open their shells after blancing, they should be discarded as they must not be fresh.