1. Rinse goose palms well and drain; Marinate in seasoning (1) for 45 minutes.
2. Soak dried shiitake mushrooms in water until soft, remove, and drain; Cut off stems; Stir well with seasoning (3); Leave it for 15 minutes.
3. Rinse bok choy and soak in water for 30 minutes; Rinse and slice ginger; Rinse and cut spring onion into sections.
4. Heat a wok and then add 2 cups of oil; Heat it up over a high heat and then turn to a medium heat; Slowly slide in goose palms and deep-fry until lightly brown; Remove and pat dry.
5. Set the oil aside, leaving 2t oil in the same wok; Stir-fry ginger and spring onions over a high heat until fragrant; Drizzle with rice wine; Add seasoning (2), fried goose palms, marinated shiitake mushrooms and 2 cups of chicken stock; Simmer over a low heat until goose palms and mushrooms are soft and tender.
6. Add 4 cups of water to a pot and bring to the boil over a high heat; Add seasoning (4); Blanch bok choy until done; Discard leaves, and arrange stems on serving plate along with others. Read to serve.
1. It is better to rinse vegetable in running water twice and soak it in water with some salt for 30 minutes to get rid off worms and impurities.
2. It is advisable to cut the vegetable after soaking to minimize the loss of nutrients.