1. Scale carp; Discard the gills and innards; Rinse the black membrane thoroughly; Rinse the whole carp in running water; Pat dry; Marinate in seasoning (1) for 20 minutes.
2. Rinse and shred ginger, Rinse and shred spring onions; Rinse and cut coriander finely.
3. Add seasoning (3) to a bowl and mix well.
4. Heat a wok with 3 cups of oil over a high heat; Turn to a low heat; Deep-fry the carp briefly; Remove; Pat dry.
5. Set the oil aside, leaving 1T oil; Stir-fry spring onion and ginger over a high heat till fragrant; Return the carp to the wok and add seasoning (2); Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes; Add seasoning (3); Cook over a low heat till the sauce has thickened; Garnish with coriander. Ready to serve.
1. If you break the gall baldder of fish when slaughtering, rinse well , brush some Shaoxing wine on the affected area and rinse again to aovid the bitter taste.
2. Since the scales are finer around the fins and the tail, it is important to scrape with a knife against the scales to remove them thoroughly.
3. Since the black membrane inside the fish wraps around its innards to prevent the toxins from seeping into the flesh nearby and a lot of toxin has accumulated on it, it is important to rinse it thoroughly to avoid food poisoning.