2 round cod filets, 150g Chinese yellow chives, 2 cups of oil.
(1) 1/2 egg white, 1/2t salt, 1t cornstarch, some lemon juice.
(2) 1T rice wine, 1t salt, some ground white pepper, 1t cornstarch.
1. Add seasoning (1) to a bowl and mix well; Add seasoning (2) to another bowl and mix well.
2. Rinse cod; Discard the bone and skin; Slice thickly; Marinate in seasoning (1) for 25 minutes.
3. Rinse and cut Chinese yellow chives into sections.
4. Add 2 cups of oil to a wok; Bring to the boil over a high heat; Turn to a medium heat; Jiggle the cod in the oil briefly; Remove and drain.
5. Set the oil aside, leaving 2T oil; Heat the wok over a high heat; Turn to a low heat; Stir-fry Chinese ye