1 carp (about 600g), 1 piece of firm Tofu, 3 stalks of spring onions, some ginger, 2 cloves of garlic, 2T hot bean paste, 2T oil.
(1) 1 cup of water, 2T soy sauce, 1T Shaoxing wine, 1T sugar, 1/2T rice vinegar, some ground white pepper.
(2) 1/3T cornstarch, 1/3T rice wine.
1. Scale carp; Discard the gills and innards; Rinse the black membrane thoroughly; Rinse the whole carp in running water; Pat dry.
2. Rinse and cut spring onions finely; Rinse and slice giner; Peel, rinse and mince garlic.
3. Soak tofu in salty water for 5 minutes; Remove and cut into squares.
4. Add seasoning (2) to a bowl and mix well.
5. Heat a wok with 2T oil over a high heat; Stir-fry the springs onions and part of the ginger over a high heat till fragrant; Remove; Add the carp and pan-