1. Rinse and cut spring onion finely; Rinse and cut ginger finely.
2. Scale grass carp; Discard the gill and innards; Rinse the black membrane thoroughly; Rinse the whole carp in running water; Pat dry; Cut into halves; Cut into pieces; Marinate in seasoning (1) with part of spring onion and part of ginger for 30 minutes.
3. Add 5 cups of oil to a wok; Bring to the boil over a high heat; Turn to a low heat; Slowly slide in the carp and deep-fry till golden brown; Remove and pat dry.
4. Set the oil aside, leaving 2T oil; Heat the wok over a high heat; Stir-fry spring onion and ginger over a high heat till fragrant; Add seasoning (2); Stir-fry over a high heat till well-mixed; Return the carp to the wok; Cook over a low heat till the sauce has dried up. Ready to serve.
1. If you break the gall baldder of fish when slaughtering, rinse well , brush some Shaoxing wine on the affected area and rinse again to aovid the bitter taste.
2. Since the scales are finer around the fins and the tail, it is important to scrape with a knife against the scales to remove them thoroughly.
3. Since the black membrane inside the fish wraps around its innards to prevent the toxins from seeping into the flesh nearby and a lot of toxin has accumulated on it, it is important to rinse it thoroughly to avoid food poisoning.