1 carp tail (about 600g), 1 stalk of leek, 2 stalks of spring onions, some ginger, 4T oil.
(1) 1T cooking wine, 1T soy sauce, 1T cornstarch.
(2) 3T soy sauce, 1T cooking wine, 1T sugar, 1T rice vinegar, 1/2t salt, some ground white pepper, 1 cup of water.
(3) 1/2t cornstarch, 1/3t rice wine.
1. Add seasoning (1) to a bowl and mix well.
2. Scale fish tail; Rinse and cut vertically in to four pieces; Marinate in seasoning (1) for 20 minutes.
3. Rinse and cut spring onion into sections; Rinse and slice ginger; Rinse and shred leek.
4. Add seasoning (3) to a bowl and mix well.
5. Heat a wok with 4T oil over a high heat; Stir-fry spring onion and ginger over a high heat till fragrant; Discard; Pan-fry the fish tail over a low heat till both sides have been slightly brown; Add seasoning (2); Bring to the boil over a high heat; Add seasoning (3) next to the fish tail; Cook over a low heat till the sauce has thickened; Garnish with leek. Ready to serve.