600g blue crab, 10g shallot, 3 cloves of garlic, 3 red chili peppers, 1.5 cups of stock, 2 eggs, 1T cornstarch, 3 cups of oil.
(1) 1T ketchup, 2t hot bean paste.
(2) 1/4t salt, 1/4t sugar, some ground white pepper.
(3) 1T water, 1t cornstarch.
1. Put each crab on the counter with its back facing down; Insert a knife through its abdomen and hold it till the crab has stopped moving; Remove the reeds/strings; Separate the carapace from its body by lifting it; Discard the gills, the guts and the gizzard in the lower center part of carapace; Scrub the crab with a small brush to discard the dirt; Rinse and drain; Cut each half into 3 pieces; Cut pincer into halves; Keep the carapace in whole; Wipe dry; Sprinkle with cornstarch.
2. Peel, rinse and mince shallot; Peel, rinse and mince garlic; Rinse, seed and mince red chili pepper.
3. Whisk eggs.
4. Add seasoning (3) to a bowl and mix well.
5. Add 3 cups of oil to a wok; Bring to the boil over a high heat; Deep-fry the crab for 1 minute; Remove and drain.
6. Set the oil aside, leaving 2T oil; Heat the wok over a high heat; Stir-fry shallot, garlic and red chili pepper over a low heat till fragrant; Add seasoning (1); Stir-fry over a low heat till fragrant; Add 1.5 cups of stock and seasoning (2); Bring to the boil over a high heat; Return the crab to the wok; Cook over a high heat for 4 minutes; Add seasoning (3); Stir-fry over a medium heat till mixed; Turn to a low heat; Gradually add the egg solution; Stir-fry over a low heat till mixed. Ready to serve.
After separating the carapace from the crab's body, it is important to discard the gills, guts and the gizzard completely, and scrub the crab thoroughly with a small brush, so that the mud and dirt would not get into the sauce, affecting the taste and even the health.