2 crabs, 1 pack of bean vermicelli, 2 stalks of spring onions, some ginger, some coriander, 1T Shaoxing wine, 6T oil.
2T oyster sauce, 1T Shaoxing wine, 1/2T sugar, some ground white pepper, 2 cups of stock, some cornstarch.
1. Put each crab on the counter with its back facing down; Insert a knife through its abdomen and hold it till the crab has stopped moving; Remove the reeds/strings; Separate the carapace from its body by lifting it; Discard the gills, the guts and the gizzard in the lower center part of carapace; Scrub the crab with a small brush to discard the dirt; Rinse and drain; Cut each half into 3 pieces; Cut pincer into halves; Keep the carapace in whole; Wipe dry.
2. Rinse and cut spring onion into sections; Rinse and slice ginger; Rinse and cut coriander into sections.
3. Soak bean vermicelli in water till soft and remove.
4. Heat a wok with 5T oil over a high heat; Pan-fry crabs over a high heat till both sides have been golden brown; Remove.
5. Add seasonings to a bowl and mix well.
6. Heat the wok with 1T oil over a hgih heat; Stir-fry spring onion and ginger over a high heat till fragrant; Return the crab to the wok; Stir-fry over a high heat briefly; Add seasonings; Bring to the boil over a high heat; Turn off the heat.
7. Arrange the bean vermicelli to a casserole; Arrange the crabs with the sauce to the casserole; Bring to the boil over a low heat; Garnish with coriander. Ready to serve.
After separating the carapace from the crab's body, it is important to discard the gills, guts and the gizzard completely, and scrub the crab thoroughly with a small brush, so that the mud and dirt would not get into the sauce, affecting the taste and even the health.