2 pieces of chicken steak, 10 slices of pickled-young ginger, some spring onion, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 cup of potato starch, 1T oil.
(1) some chicken bouillon powder, some ground white pepper, some Shaoxing wine, 2t sugar.
(2) 2T ketchup, 3T sweet and sour sauce, some sugar.
(3) 1T cornstarch, 1T water.
1. Thaw chicken steak; Rinse in running water for 20 minutes; Blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds; Remove and immediately rinse in running water till cool; Drain; Cut into small pieces; Marinate in seasoning (1) for 45 minutes; Evenly coat with a layer of potato starch.
2. Peel, rinse and mince garlic.
3. Rinse and cut spring onion into sections.
4. Cut pickled-young ginger into rectangles.
5. Add seasoning (2) to a bowl and mix well; Add seasoning (3) to another bowl and mix well.
6. Heat a dry wok over a high heat; Add the pickled-young ginger; Stir-fry over a low heat till dry; Remove.
7. Add 1T oil and heat over a high heat; Pan-fry the chicken over a low heat till both sides have been golden brown; Remove; Add the minced garlic and sectioned spring onion; Stir-fry over a low heat till fragrant; Add the seasoning (2); Bring to the boil over a medium heat; Add the seasoning (3); Stir-fry over a low heat till mixed; Return the pickled ginger to the wok; Stir-fry over a low heat till mixed; Return the chicken to the wok; Cook over a high heat for 1 minute; Ready to serve.
1. Frozen chicken should be transferred from the freezer to the lower shelf of a refrigerator a night before the day you intend to cook them to ensure they thaw slowly.
2. To tenderize frozen or chilled chicken and remove the unpleasant "frozen food" taste, it is better to rinse in running water for 20 minutes before cooking.